France Passion Orschwiller is hosted by Domaine Engel, an independent wine maker. Members can stay here for one night free of charge in a campervan or motorhome. Of course it is possible to taste and buy wine here.
France Passion Orschwiller is located in the Bas-Rhin department of France, the North part of the Alsace Wine route. Domaine Engel is one of the largest wine producers in the village. The village is overlooked by steep vineyards and the fantastic Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg which it is possible to walk to. See our gallery below for more pics!
Loading map ...
Date of visit: 18 August 2017
How we discovered France Passion Orschwiller:
We have a France Passion 2017 membership. France Passion Orschwiller, (Domaine Engel), is listed in the guide. Members can park their campervan or motorhome here for one night free of charge.
Overview of France Passion Orschwiller:
- France Passion Orschwiller is hosted by independent wine maker, Domaine Engel.
- Parking is immediately to the left of the front gates, on gravel.
- The guide states space for three motorhomes but it only fits two. We saw a third motorhome parked slightly closer to the house.
- Parking is located on gravel. The surface is flat.
- There is moderate shade.
- A toilet and water tap for refilling tanks or bottles is available to visitors.
- Tasting is located just behind the house. There is a bell hanging outside.
- Our tasting was hosted by Lea, the owner’s daughter. She spoke some English and was knowledgeable about the wine.
- All the usual varieties of Alsace wine are available. At the time of writing these started at 7 Euro. The top wines were 14 Euros.
Type of parking:
France Passion site.
Modern, residential, walled garden
Wine tasting; Cycling/walking through vineyards; Sightseeing at Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg; Dining in Kintzheim.