France Passion Nothalten is hosted by Wassler Jean Marie & Fils, an independent wine maker in this lovely village. Members can stay here for one night free of charge in a campervan or motorhome. It is also possible to stay here even without being a member, for a small fee. Tasting is free.
France Passion Nothalten is located in the Bas-Rhin department of France, the North part of the Alsace Wine route. Wassler Jean Marie & Fils is one of many ‘caves’ in the village at which you can taste wine. Nearby are some terrific cycle routes through the vineyards and it’s a short trip to the more picturesque village of Itterswiller. See our gallery below for more pics!
Loading map ...
Date of visit: 17 August 2017
How we discovered France Passion Nothalten:
We have a France Passion 2017 membership. France Passion Nothalten, (Wassler Jean Marie & Fils), is listed in the guide. If you are not a member it is possible for anyone to park here for a fee, which includes electricity and water.
Overview of France Passion Nothalten:
- France Passion Nothalten is hosted by independent wine maker, Wassler Jean Marie & Fils.
- Parking is behind the Cave. Turn left, left and left just after you pass the ‘Cave’ on your left.
- Parking is located in a spacious garden on grass. There is a very gentle slope but the grass is flat.
- There is water and electricity available for a fee of 5 Euros.
- The village clock-tower chimes all night so earplugs are recommended for light sleepers.
- There is no shade.
- Jean-Marie does not speak English but understands a bit.
- Fabrice (Jean Marie’s son) speaks better English.
- There is a toilet next to the ‘cave’ but not really accessible from the parking.
- The tasting cellar (cave) is a large room with a bar and capable of hosting large groups.
- All the usual varieties of Alsace wine are available. At the time of writing these started at 5.50 Euro. The top wines were 11 Euros.
- Check your change when buying a bottle as there was some confusion due to us not needing electric or water.
Type of parking:
France Passion site.
Gardens; manicured lawns; open countryside
None. (Water and Electricity are 5 Euros)
Wine tasting; cycling/walking through vineyards.