France Passion Marlenheim is hosted by Domaine Xavier Muller, an independent wine maker with vines in the Grand Cru of Steinklotz. Members can stay here for one night free of charge in a campervan or motorhome. Of course it is possible to taste and buy wine here. A tour of the vineyard can be arranged in advance.
France Passion Marlenheim is located in the Bas-Rhin department of France, the North part of the Alsace Wine route. Domaine Xavier Muller is a short walk from the village itself and located on a rather grand site: Nestling between an imposing flour mill and a pretty house of the Alsacien style. Around this are fields overlooked by the vineyards on the hillside. See our gallery below for more pics!
Loading map ...
Date of visit: 11 August 2017
How we discovered France Passion Marlenheim:
We have a France Passion 2017 membership. France Passion Marlenheim, (Domaine Xavier Muller), is listed in the guide. You must be a member to park your campervan or motorhome here overnight for free.
Overview of France Passion Marlenheim:
- France Passion Marlenheim is hosted by independent wine maker, Domaine Xavier Muller
- There is lots of parking space here. The France Passion guide lists space for five motorhomes, but it it more like ten.
- Parking is located just outside the courtyard on flat gravel.
- Parking is surrounded by some grass and some fenced off fields with horses.
- Next to the parking are some caged animals, including peacocks, goats and chickens.
- Storks nest, both on top of the mill building and on top of purpose-built towers. The storks occasionally make a chattering sound that can be disturbing.
- Great spot for watching storks. Bring some binoculars!
- The parking has a bin but no other facilities.
- There is a busy road nearby but on a flyover.
- There is a mini playground for children.
- Easy to walk in to Marlenheim of five to ten minutes.
- The village of Marlenheim is very pretty with a number of artisan food producers.
- Tasting is free of charge and takes place at a purpose built tasting bar.
- The tasting is hosted standing up and is very casual. Detailed wine information is given as well as some information about the village.
- The host speaks English, German, Spanish and French.
- All the traditional wines of Alsace are available starting from around 8 Euros per bottle.
Type of parking:
France Passion site.
In fields; isolated; flat.
One rubbish bin is provided. There is a toilet in the tasting room.
Wine tasting; cycling/walking through vineyards, sightseeing in the village, dining at local restaurants.