France Passion Andlau is hosted by Domaine Wohleber, an independent wine maker in this picturesque village, voted the second most beautiful in France. Members can stay here for one night free of charge in a campervan or motorhome. It is possible to taste and buy wine here.
France Passion Andlau is located in the Bas-Rhin department of France, the North part of the Alsace Wine route. Domaine Wohleber is tucked away in one of the villages many narrow streets. There are several decent dining options in the village and many other ‘caves’ at which to have a tasting. See our gallery below for more pics!
Loading map ...
Date of visit: 16 August 2017
How we discovered France Passion Andlau:
We have a France Passion 2017 membership. France Passion Andlau, (Domaine Wohleber), is listed in the guide. You must be a member to park your campervan or motorhome here overnight for free.
Overview of France Passion Andlau:
- France Passion Andlau is hosted by independent wine maker, Domaine Wohleber
- Although the guide lists space for two campervans or motorhomes it should be noted parking is tight. Larger motorhomes may find entry difficult.
- Parking is located in the gardens. Go through the wooden archway and it is on your right.
- Parking is idyllic, amongst fruit trees including plums, pears and oranges.
- We arrived at 1pm and the owner was at lunch so we ate before saying hello.
- The owner Robert speaks good English and fluent German. He is very relaxed.
- The tasting cellar is a characterful room capable of hosting large groups. It is filled with antique equipment.
- All the usual varieties of Alsace wine are available. At the time of writing these started at 5.50 Euro. Grand Cru wines were 12 Euros.
- There is a toilet and sink available for guests. (No washing up is allowed in the sink).
Type of parking:
France Passion site.
Gardens; idyllic; village.
Wine tasting; cycling/walking through vineyards, sightseeing in the village, dining at local restaurants.